Prev: Time Zone Calculator Next: RE: [SG2] Speeding Up Stargrunt

Online FT

From: "Denny Graver" <cyberdruss@c...>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 04:38:28 -0000
Subject: Online FT

Now I know this may bore the pants off most of you, but I am a fully
paid up
lister.

				   Online FT
			       *****************
Full thrust played using WebRPg Online.

One person acts as host and sets up the room at a prearranged time.

Players each have one ship, or a couple of ships depending on the number
of
players.

The Genre and scenario is established prior to the game, along with any
special rules being used.

The game is translated to a hex based movement system to speed up
resolution
of play.
				   * * *

Now to me, this sounds like a new dimension has been added to the Full
Thrust arsenal, as I gather people on the list don't play as often as
they'd
like, haven't yet played a game using EFSB, FB or whatever, or haven't
got
any gamers in their area, etc.

Playing 'blind' in real time with numerous (hopeful) players would be
pretty
close to flying though space and blasting an opponent into atoms.

For a fleet battle using full sensor rules, players would be responsible
for
reporting sensor contacts to their team mates.

Using the whispering options, gm/player to gm/player, each player would
be
getting a stream of data:  Battle damage, sensor readings,
communications
from the enemy.

This is just an idea at the moment.  Anyone interested ?  I'd be happy
GM. :]

Denny Graver AKA: Tron:
		 Email: cyberdruss@clara.net

		 51.32N 0.06W London (UK:GMT)

		      ICQ 26026478

Prev: Time Zone Calculator Next: RE: [SG2] Speeding Up Stargrunt