Prev: Aliens Action Fleet Vehicles Next: Re: Web RPG CHAT

[DS] Air Superiority Rules

From: Ndege Diamond <nezach@e...>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 19:03:17 -0800
Subject: [DS] Air Superiority Rules

Hello all,

I am normaly a lurker on the list but I need some feedback.  I am trying
do up some air superiority rules for aerospace vehicles.  This is what I
have so far:

Here is an off the cuff/back of the envelope idea I have for Air
Superiority in DS.  It is a bit simpler than some of the house rules on
the
web.

When building an Aerospace vehicle add the following options to the
points
value system:

	Enhanced Maneuverability     +200 points     (Aerospace only)
	Superior Maneuverability     +400 points     (Aerospace only)

Note: all aerospace vehicles are assumed to have at least Basic
Maneuverability.
      However, aerospace vehicles with Basic Maneuverability cannot be

      used for an air superiority mission.

During play you can activate an air superiority element for an air
superiority mission or wait for an opposing aerospace element to
activate
and "intercept" it.

To determine if an interception has occurred an opposed die roll is
made.
Basic Maneuverability units use a d6, Enhanced d8, and Superior d10.  If
the element is "intercepting" an opposing unit being activated shift the
die type down one level (d10 becomes d8, etc.) to represent the unit
being
vectored in at the last moment.

Units with external weapons (DFO pods or SLAM packs) have their die type
shifted down as well.  Units may jettison their external weapons prior
the intercept roll and use the normal die type but if they do the
external
weapons are unusable for that turn. (or should they loose them for the
entire game?)

If the aggressor wins the roll he may attack, if he loses he is
unsuccessful and the opposing unit may perform its turn as normal.  If
the
intercepted unit rolls double the aggressor's roll he may attempt to
attack
the aggressor!

Once the interception is worked out the victor may make an attack using
the
following weapons:

HEL
RAFC
MDC
GMS

Treat all ranges as Medium where applicable.
All other weapons are assumed to be useless in a dogfight environment.

Well, what do you think?  Looking back at it I think there should be an
advantage given to high leadership units (intercept roll shifted up?)
but
it isn't bad for a beginner eh?

Ndege "vectored thrust" Diamond

Prev: Aliens Action Fleet Vehicles Next: Re: Web RPG CHAT