Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC

Re: Gas Skimmers OT SFB Space Monsters

From: "Jared E Noble" <JNOBLE2@m...>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 10:49:27 -1000
Subject: Re: Gas Skimmers OT SFB Space Monsters

>><SNIP>Three ships lost in a week seems excessive to me.
>
>Space Monsters!
>
>This got me thinking (be afraid). Ye olde SFB was chock full of space
>nasties.  It also had IIRC (books in a cold dark place) a series of
linked
>scenarios (duel, fight a monster, battle two ships) called 'The
Captain's
>Game'.  You had to play through each scenario and get rated at the end
as
>Captain.  Ah, those were the days ...(Love FT much more) :]p

The Space monsters were a bit silly, but you could have fun with them. A
friend and I, not content with the Wimpy 'Space Dragons' SFB provided
came
up with additional rules for them. Some new capabilities:

They could Make a physical attack to attach themselves your ship.  They
could then
-Tow ships (as tractors - based on Dragon and ship size classes and
engine
strength)
-Make directed physical attacks that ignored shields
-Eat crew units (our favorite)

We took the Dilithium Crystal Asteroid (a large free-for all scenario on
map filled with asteroids) and randomly placed dragon nests in the
asteroids.  If you came within a certain distance you disturbed them and
they came after your fleet - It made for a lot of fun!	Silly, but Fun.

You are right though - FT is a much better game.

Jared Noble

Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC