Prev: Re: Gas Skimmers Next: Re: Gas Skimmers OT SFB Space Monsters

Re: GSM/P, was Re: Stand size for infantry

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 18:55:03 +0100
Subject: Re: GSM/P, was Re: Stand size for infantry

John M. Atkinson wrote:

[LAW discussion snipped]

> Sounds interesting--I take it this is Swedish MoD,

False assumption. Quoting my earlier post:

'BTW, the "long-ranged buzzbombs" and "GSM/P" are likely to be one and
the same in a few years time, at least if the British MoD gets what they
want in the current LAW "contest" '.

It seems you didn't read the post very carefully before launching your
description of what is and what isn't various types of GSM/x :-)

I should've written 'the current NLAW "contest" ', though - we're a bit
lazy at work and usually drop the inital N :-)

FMV (the Swedish Bureau of Defence Equipment, or something like that) is
of course interested in what we're doing, but so far the money value of
that interest has been very low.

> and hence will likely be Bofors project?

Bofors is one of (AFAIK) three competitors, with the MBT-LAW.

The other two entries (that I know of) are the Panzerfaust 3 (or a
refinement thereof) and the Kestral (possibly a typo for Kestrel - JDW
isn't that good at proofreading...) which is a advanced variant of the
Predator. I don't recall the names of the companies which make them -
that's something for the Sales people to keep track of, not us Internal
Ballistics guys :-)

>  Are there any details on this proposal on the web anywhere?

I couldn't find any, but I didn't have much time to look. If you have
access to Jane's Defence Weekly there are notes on this in the 7th Oct.
-98 and 2nd Dec. -98 issues (and there ought to be others as well,
probably late -97 or thereabout but I haven't dug through our archive
:-/). Not sure how good the JDW Online is, but they may be there as
well.
Too bad you have to be a subscriber to the electronic version to see it
-
we only have the paper one at work :-(

If you find anything on the web about this, please let me know!

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Gas Skimmers Next: Re: Gas Skimmers OT SFB Space Monsters