Prev: RE: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt Next: Re: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt

Re: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 10:52:21 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt

Brian spake thusly upon matters weighty:

Like someone said though, I'd want it able to be turned off (like in
SF especially). You might have a biofeedback technique to deactivate
and activate it.

> John Atkinson wrote:
> <<mass snip of lots of fascinating 'smart dogtag/IFF' ideas>>
>
> This is very cool - and virtually in existance, as well. There are
times
> when people underestimate technological advances adn the speed of
> same...looks like our IFF discussion is one of those.
>
> When real life starts to seem like science fiction, it's time to read
> newer or better scifi...
>
> Suddenly, assuming near-universal IFFs and good sensor gear on almost
all
> combat vehicles in nearly all armies isn't a stretch at all. Even
'poor'
> armies like the IF could afford to stick a near-microscopic ID/IFF
unit in
> the back of every recuit's skull...they've got FTL starships, so
ID/IFF
> systems sound plausible.
>
> Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
> - http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html
-DS2/SG2/misc-

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: RE: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt Next: Re: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt