Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, structure of the N Next: RE: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt

Re: [DS2]Moon - Help Requested

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 21:20:55 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [DS2]Moon - Help Requested

On Sun, 13 Dec 1998, Brian Bell wrote:
> 1. First, I need some help with DFFG's in a vacuum. At first, I was of
> the opinion that they would have a longer range, since it would not
> diffuse into the (nonexistent) atmosphere. In this, I pictured that it
> was held in magnetic containment for the full distance to the target.
> After a closer reading, the plasma is not contained once it leaves the
> barrel of the gun. Having never taken a physics class, my question is:
> Would the plasma remain as a cohesive ball of gas, maintain the same
> dispersal pattern or be even more quickly dispersed?

the trouble with the DFFG, and plasma weapons in general, is that they
are
pure PSB. devastatingly effective, but utter fiction. physics thus has
very little to say on the question of range - go with whatever feels
right (i would say more range).

Tom

Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, structure of the N Next: RE: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt