Prev: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

Re: [DS] Stand size for infantry

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 00:39:51 -0800
Subject: Re: [DS] Stand size for infantry

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> I don't agree with you. If nothing else, the name of the 6mm line -
DSM,
> or DirtSide Miniatures - is a small hint of Jon's intentions with them
> <g>

That may be what Jon intends.  I'm telling you what I saw based on the
physical miniatures in the package I bought.

> Since they represent the same forces as the SGII models - same
universe,
> like - they're miniature versions of the 25mm models. The line is
> expanding rather fast - it's only existed for a year, if that! - and I
> wouldn't be surprised if GZG turn out 2-man heavy weapon crews
someday
> soon as well; but 'til then I just assume that the GSM/P and /L
> categories are baked together into one in DSII.

I have 1-2 GMS/L teams in each platoon, so I can't simply wait for
two-man missle teams to come out.  I use Scotia's Rocket Teams.  Nice
minis sculpted in the prone on bases.

> BTW, the "long-ranged buzzbombs" and "GSM/P" are likely to be one and
the
> same in a few years time, at least if the British MoD gets what they
want
> in the current LAW "contest" :-/

Some people are apparently under impression GMS/P is equivelant to
Dragon, with GMS/L equivelant to TOW.  God knows what this turns a GMS/H
into, but when someone a while back posted about being a TOW platoon
leader, someone said "And this is GMS/L!"

It's not.

GMS/L is Dragon/Javelin size/weight.  GMS/P doesn't exist today.  It's
got the same penetration as an IVAR.  So it's really just a buzz-bomb
warhead with a sustainment motor and a better guidance system.	GMS/L
teams are two-man crews of Dragon equivelant, as they have more punch.

GMS/P is logical follow-on to LAW, if you wish to have dedicated LAW
troopers.  Or you can hand IVARs out to all your riflemen as a secondary
weapon.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure