Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [DS] Stand size for infantry

[SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 00:08:47 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [SG2] APFCs in Stargrunt

On another thread a while back, someone suggested treating
Anti-Personnel
Flechette Charges on vehicles basically as CMDs...this idea has been
kicking around in the back of my head for a while now, and I suggest the
following rules, cribbed and translated from DS2:

APFCs on vehicles are basically a ring of outward-facing CMD charges,
connected to some sort of short-range proximity detector and controlled
by
the vehicle's computer or by the crew. They have anti-personnel and
anti-IAVR uses.

In an anti-vehicle role, treat exactly as CMDs. 6" out from all sides of
vehicle, and roll d10 for all figures attacked. There are assumed to be
enough charges on any given face of the vehicle to provide multiple
use.(see pg 55 SG2 for CMD rules)
(If you want to track ammo, go ahead. I can't be bothered).

 VERY IMPORTANT: APFCs _will_not_function_at_all if there is friendly
infantry within 10" of the vehicle - either IFF transponders or the
vehicle crew putting the system on safe to avoid shredding their own
grunts. Safing an APFC system does not require an action, nor does
re-activating the system. (the computer takes care of it, or one switch
is
thrown)

OPTION: Have APFCs always live, unless specifically turned off. If
friendly inf get too close, tough luck. This might especially be the
case
w/ lo-tech armies - faulty or no IFFs, or faulty/no vehicle computers to
handle it.

In an anti-buzzbomb (IAVR) role, live APFC systems add a d8 to the
vehicles defence roll - roll the range die plus the d8, just like
infatnry
in cover add a d6. APFCs do not function against GMSs - they come in too
fast.(PSB, but it sounds good, and matches the DS2 rules)

APFCs take up one capacity space, just like the DS2 system.
---
These have recieved only basic solo playtesting, but they seem good and
are, I think, fairly close to the DS2 rules for APFCs. I can't recall
that
we've ever had an SG2 game where enemy infantry got within 6" of a
vehicle, but anything can happen...the anti-IAVR capability could be
useful.

Let me know what you think,

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html -DS2/SG2/misc-

Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [DS] Stand size for infantry