Next: Re: GZGL FT Fast FTL drives.

Re: GZGL FT Fast FTL drives.

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 23:36:07 -0500
Subject: Re: GZGL FT Fast FTL drives.

>Colin Nash wrote:
>>If you had a hull with - say - 4 seperate FTL drives & a couple of
>>thousand gigabytes of memory on board it could jump between
>>systems 4 times as fast as normal ships...
>    What do people think of this being a reasonable addition to the FB
>design system? Each doubling of FTL drive capacity and points cost,
allows
>double FTL speed. Is it OK?

There should be some difference between milspec systems and civilians,
perhaps, but not that much.  The limiting factor is crew endurance, not
engine performance.  If you can run a ship with AI only, then we should
be
seeing drone fighters (which, come to think of it, is high on the
Alarishi
Empire's priority list).

Next: Re: GZGL FT Fast FTL drives.