Prev: Re: [FT] Wave Gun usage in actual games . . Next: Re: [DSII] IF Ground Units

Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin@e...>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 14:49:09 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Thomas Barclay wrote:

> ... and it was a lot less costly per man. Unless you plan to put out
> poorly supplied (relative to today), poorly equipped (bolt action
> rifle, no GPS, 1 radio per section, foot transport) troops with no
> training (no time to train them in the scenarios I've seen
> discussed).  And our people aren't (as of today) too happy about
> taxes, privation, and sacrifices.... so I'm not sure this would be as
> easy of undertaking. The days of mobilizing a nation for anything
> short of a war of survival seem to be pretty much over.

But we actually have a lot more money now too.	But the real problem is
probably going to be conscription, which will have to be implemented to
build a large army.

-----

Even the engineers are not *this* depraved.  This must be the work of
the
Med. students.

						- A friend of mine

-----

Prev: Re: [FT] Wave Gun usage in actual games . . Next: Re: [DSII] IF Ground Units