Prev: Re: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC

Re: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 17:13:50 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles

On Sat, 12 Dec 1998, John M. Atkinson wrote:
> Thomas Anderson wrote:
> > > At this point, the English are, well, English.
> > being english isn't about your DNA: it's a state of mind.
> This is a straight line that's just too easy.  Give me a hard one.

ok. i have two school friends who are as english as i am, called simran
johal and shubaniel lahiri. their families are from india, but they are
english. they have grown up with the BBC, the national curriculum, the
daily mail, tories and labour, the whole lot. they have english
passports,
they drink german lager, they watch football on the telly. they are
probably more english than i am. nationality is not about ethnicity,
it's
about culture.

Tom

Prev: Re: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC