Prev: Re: Just Saw ST:Insurrection- No Spoilers.. Next: Re: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles

Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 18:52:27 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC

>Adrian Johnson wrote:
>
>> didn't give them protection for their language and culture -
particularly
>> given that the Quebecois had gone through the process of gaining
>> independance and the Hispanics had just finished fighting a race
war...

>Of course, I have problems with that premise as well--as loud as they
>might seem to observers from the other side of a lake, the "Race War"
>idiots are pretty much a fringe minority, who are not prepared nor
>equipped to fight a civil war.

Yes.  Very true.  What's the Second US Civil War about?  I kind of
pictured
it as a big combination of factors - such as the growth of a Hispanic
majority in the South West, many of whom would be illegal immigrants
(this
isn't meant in any way to be a slur against Hispanic Americans - just a
reflection of social trends that are already developing) - and by this
time
you'd be getting second-generation "illegals" who are hiding from the
system.  Massive youth-gang problems throughout much of this region.
Drug-based crime.  Reactions to this from extremists - such as the
highly
conservative "religious-right" - Christians they may claim to be -
tolerant
they ain't...

Remember my "story" is set several decades from now, when these problems
have had a chance to really fester...

>> honest here, with two hundred million English speaking Americans,
seventy
>> million English speaking Brits, and fourty million English speaking
>> Canadians (OK, I'm inflating the numbers a bit, but I figure this
doesn't
>> happen 'til several decades from now when the populations have grown)
>
>Except we seem to have misplaced a third of the US's population.
>
>John M. Atkinson

No - the other 80 - 100 million are the Hispanics who I mentioned later.
OK, I'm playing a bit fast and loose with the numbers, but that doesn't
really change my point, which was that the majority of the FOUNDERS of
the
NAC were English speakers...

Adrian

Prev: Re: Just Saw ST:Insurrection- No Spoilers.. Next: Re: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles