Prev: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure of the NAC (really long)

Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC (really long)

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 13:43:57 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT][SG][DS] structure of the NAC (really long)

PART ONE
Adrian,
Great work. Well thought out. One thing. The fact that in the NAC,
non-white or non "Anglo" populations are the majority (Then you add in
Central America etc), leads me to believe that the name New Anglican
Confederation (I know you had nothing to do with this name decision)
would most likely not have been chosen. It seems to me that something
less well how do you say it, "discrimminatory" would have been chosen. I
can see as the years go on and the Anglican minority grows that the very
name of the confederation given it's unweildy size, becomes a very
sticky point. I wonder what teh NAC might have mutated into with eth
absorbtion of the LLAR.

PART TWO. Just thinking aloud here folks

On a macro-history scale, when do Human governments begin to slowly form
themsleves into fewer more powerful power blocks? (I know this runs
contradictory to the desiredmultifacted chuman culture which breeds all
teh great space wars and fleets that we fight).

For instance I'm already thinking that as we start rubbing up against
power Alien forces with more frequency. In particular the 1st
Interstellar war with the Kra'Vak. I'm already thinking that after close
cooperation for a couple decades in dealing with them, that  a
mega-confederation could be formed sometime in 2200 starting with the
NSL and the NAC. (Long time allies). Of course the UN is always in the
background working towards this purpose overtly and covertly. The ESU
would remain on it's own for quite a while still, but maybe some of the
small powers would eventually gravitate to one of the other. (OU,
Romanovs to NAC) Maybe the IF would remain onit's own for a while or
even merge with the PAU as Isalm spreads across their worlds). Then
there's New Israel and Atkinson's rabid NREs (Assuming they're anything
like him <VBG>), which would hold out longer. Eventually peace breaks
out with the kra'Vak (and the savasku). At this time it's finally
learned why teh kra'Vak are pushing so hard in Human space....

Then comes the bugs........

In 2200 Humanity runs flat up against "the Bugs" (Tyrannid types are
more of a galatic threat than just pure Heinlein Arachnids, but any
would do). For the first time the very existance of humanity is
threatened. The Bugs first come across PAU/IF space and eradicated tens
of billions as whole planets are consumed. This race can not be
communicated with in any fashion. (remember Weber's Ominvoracity). By
the time the ESU and SHH (Solar Human Hegomony NSL/NAC/OU etc), realise
that scope of he threat and begin teh serious work of coordinating their
efforts, a large volume of human space has already been "consumed." A
large scale geernal war of annihlation erupts between Humanity and "the
bugs" but not before Earth becomes the scene fighting.

Los