Prev: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles Next: RE: [SGII] Mini review and question for KR

Re: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 23:48:56 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT

Just a quick comment....

At 10:56 AM 12/9/98 +1000, Beth wrote:
>	As for fighting in Antarctica! Count me out!
>	Seriously, I have a very minimal experience with the SG/DS end
of the GZG
>universe so I'm probably going to open mouth and change feet here I
fear,
>but I'd say that fighting in Antarctica would be a very seasonal and
>exceedingly dangerous operation at any point in history. Based on the
>weather I don't think you could fight effectively there in winter
>(casualties due to exposure, no light, loss of orientation due to the
>effects of gale force blizzards etc. would make sure your fighting
force
>got whittled down very fast)

As I recall, Antarctica doesn't actually get very much precipitation at
all
-- it's just that whatever *does* fall, never goes away.  That's why
Antarctica gives scientists such a wonderful look at past atmospheric
conditions, all you need is a deep enough core section.

> - then again I guess someone's going to point
>to a war fought in the high latitudes of the Northern Hemisphere at
this
>junction.

...never mind. ^_-  Though judging by the winter here in New Jersey so
far,
it wouldn't be too bad.  Of course, New Jersey isn't exactly high
latitude,
but it's high 'nuff for me.

Neat background for the IAS, though. ^_^

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net
LAUNCH DAY!
A totally unprovoked attack on peaceful neighbors. Must be the race
file. Does strange things.
		--Rick Kujecko, on the War Monger PRT in Stars!

Prev: [DS] camo schemes for vehicles Next: RE: [SGII] Mini review and question for KR