Prev: Chat? Next: RE: [FT] RG Damage Vs. Armour

Re: [FT] RG Damage Vs. Armour

From: Steven Arrowsmith <arrowjr@u...>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 21:55:22 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT] RG Damage Vs. Armour

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> As I see it, the current problem is how to make sure that RG1s are
still
> effective in an armoured world. The only way I see it can be done is
by
> allowing the RG1 to score (potentially) more than 1 point of damage.
So
> maybe we should look as how RGs damage things. I have a couple of
alternate
> methods that still keep to the single die roll for to-hit and damage.
>
> This also addresses the problem with RG3s and RG4s, which were too
> effective IMO. Lets face it - 9 points is an awful lot of damage.

<snip> Comments?

> Schoon

Ok, Schoon.. your losing it.. ;)

Remember Kra'Vak only have one major weapon system - that is the
Railgun..
We need to make them work..Changing the Damage and Mass/Points of the
railgun is not going to fix this problem in my mind.. We need to
continue
to work on Kra'Vak armour -vs- railgun ideas..

Hows this - Kra'Vak armour is venerable to railgun projectiles, and
offers no protection agaist them?

If the best weapon the Kra'Vaks can widely field is a Class3 railgun,
that
does under 9 points of damage, they will not have the same teeth they
did
in MT.. I think we need to compare them to the SML/SMR - same weight and
how many times the damage..

Just my rant..

Steven

			       Steven Arrowsmith
			  www.public.usit.net/arrowjr
			     steven@arrowsmith.net
			      dredd@quake.usit.net
_______

		    I Would Rather live a Lie, Thinking I Can.
			 Than know The Truth That I Can't
_______

Prev: Chat? Next: RE: [FT] RG Damage Vs. Armour