Prev: Re: [SG] Scenario with engineers Next: RE: [FT] K'V Armour Vs. Weapons

Re: [SG] Scenario with engineers

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 11:28:51 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG] Scenario with engineers

Mike Looney - ionet wrote:

>   Well, some people think Air Defense Artillery IS a combat arm.   The
> 24 series folk are site mechs.   In the case of 24T, they are also the
> people that push the fire button on a Patriot system.

Nah.  If you don't get shot at, it's not a combat arm.	I'll conceede
the Stinger teams in maneuver batallions are pretty much combat units,
sorta.	But if there's women in the MOS (In US Army, Canadians have
female tankers, so I've heard), it must not be combat.	11, 12, 13, 18,
and 19-series MOSes. (For non-'Mericans, that's Infantry, Combat
Engineering, Artillery, Special Forces, and Armor, including Cav
Scouts.)

> To drift back on topic, (and to open a long going thread from long
ago),
> in DSII how do you represent a long range ADA assets?  In this case we

I put some Laser and Missle ADS rules up on my home page, but that's
still tactical-level stuff.

For the rear echelon types which can reach out and touch someone from a
couple dozen klicks back, my first inclination is to steal a mechanic
from Stargrunt--they have Air Defense levels modelled by a few dice
rolls, since there would almost always be ADA assets or air superiority
aircraft which would influence air operations on a Stargrunt table, but
they would almost never be shown on-board.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: [SG] Scenario with engineers Next: RE: [FT] K'V Armour Vs. Weapons