Prev: Re: Rvt Hafen coordinates Next: [DSII]Turrets

Re: JT and the 'Big Picture'

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 21:42:47 -0500
Subject: Re: JT and the 'Big Picture'

At 07:49 AM 12/2/98 PST, you wrote:

>I like the idea of using real data and sticking (fairly) closely to it.

>It seems to fit amazingly well with the official setting, even the
>travel times sound about right to me. In fact the whole thing is
>suspiciously neat as f someone planned it that way from the start (The
>Bavarians perhaps?).
>
>Michael

I can assure you, citizen, that if the Bavarians had indeed planned it
that
way, your first jump with the GZG coordinates would take you directly
into
the heart of a sun.  We make it our business to ensure that the
information
that the public recieves is as inaccurate as possible.	Want to know the
truth?	The moon is about thirty miles away.  It's hanging from really
stong fishing wire.  The sun is attached to the world's longest
extension
cord.  The stars?  Hundred watt bulbs.	You DON'T want to know what's
holding them up.

Or what's behind them.

Fnord.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: Rvt Hafen coordinates Next: [DSII]Turrets