Prev: RE: [FT] K'V Armour Vs. Weapons

Re: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT

From: Tony Christney <acc@q...>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 11:03:02 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT

Nyrath the nearly wise wrote:

>I used a 3-d starmapping program I'm developing.  I somewhat
>arbitrarily took the limit of known space to be 10 parsecs in
>radius, filtered out all the stars that were double or outside
>of spectral class F,G, or K, and went to work with the rest.
>I put the Romanov empire in a critical spot, and tried to
>make the ESU and NAU clash at Chi Draconis.
>
>I have GIF starmaps of this plotted, and will email them
>to anybody upon request.
>
>Please pick these apart, they are just something to
>get the ball rolling.
[snip star data]

I have taken this data and converted it to a format that is
readable by my 3d java applet. Unfortunately, I don't have a
web site to act as host for the applet, but if anyone wants
to view this data in a form more dynamic than a GIF, then
email me and I'll send you the applet and html file. It may
not be the most sophisticated piece of code, but you'll get
the general idea of who would be fighting who in this
section of galaxy...

Oh, one more thing, you'll need a java 1.1 compliant applet viewer
or web browser.

Tony Christney		     | "Perserverance - a lowly
acc@questercorp.com	     |	virtue whereby mediocrity
Junior Scientist,	     |	achieves an inglorious
Quester Tangent Corp.	     |	success"
http://www.questercorp.com/  |	     - Ambrose Bierce.

Prev: RE: [FT] K'V Armour Vs. Weapons