Prev: RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Summary So Far... Next: Re: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT

RE: [FT] K'V Armour Vs. Weapons

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 11:00:40 -0800
Subject: RE: [FT] K'V Armour Vs. Weapons

>The subtracted damage is from total damage I assume and not per hit
rolled
>since you  don't mention Class2 RGs not hitting.  So for a Class2 to do
>damage to a ship with Level 2 armour, both rolls would have to be hits.

Correct.

>But in FT larger ships never had C beams either but in the FB they
appeared
>on almost all ships due to the increase in arcs and functionality
changes.
>A larger K'V ship in a 6-arc universe I think would mount Class1 RGs on
the
>sides and rear to give some weapons coverage in those arcs, especially
if
>the Class1 RGs are the only ones with more than 1 arc.

I agree, but I'm working on existing designs as a basis for the "new
rules." Perhaps after we hash all this out, the designs can be modified
for
a FB world :-)

>Beam 1s still do damage to human armour and given time will destroy any
>other human ship.  Class1 RGs with the armour level rules you have
above can
>never do any damage to an armoured ships no matter how much time they
have.
>I don't think making an armoured ship totally impervious to Class1
railguns
>is a good idea.

I actually agree with you here, even though it pains me to admit it.
I'll
keep thinking of possible ways to alter The armour effects.

>Keep coming up with ideas.  This armour level vs railgun problem along
with
>the shotgun effect of the multiple to-hit dice for your railgun
proposal
>still doesn't work for me but this discussion is good ;)

OK ;-)

Schoon

Prev: RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Summary So Far... Next: Re: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT