Prev: [MISC] Something of general interest Next: Re: [OT] military clip art

RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Changes

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 23:05:50 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Changes

Steven spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> Correct me if I am mistaken, but Human Beam batteries are a
development or
> offshoot of particle accelerators? Regardless of what you call them -
> Phaser, lasers, particle project cannons, fusion cannons - they are
all
> energy weapons designed to eat armour, hull and anything eles that
gets in
> their way. If Kra'Vak armour acts like energy shields, when hit by
Human
> beams, whos to say, that they don't also act like nuclear dampers, or
have
> other special features..

Or maybe they have the dreaded "Structural Integrity Field" (a ST PSB
field designed to hold together ships that would otherwise apparently
fly apart... mighty scary engineering - it seems obvious to me why no
engineers at starfleet academy wear iron rings....).

Tom.
> Steven

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: [MISC] Something of general interest Next: Re: [OT] military clip art