Prev: RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Railguns Number-Crunched Next: RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Summary So Far...

[fh ot] Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 22:31:18 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: [fh ot] Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, John M. Atkinson wrote:
> Thomas Anderson wrote:
> > ah, but that was because the russians made the terrible mistake of
not
> > integrating media coverage into their military plans. think of
> > interstellar opinion when NABC News 24 (aka the Information
Ministry) runs
> > a series of hour-long programmes on the victims of the latest
turkish
> Next time you refer to good Greeks and Armenians as "Turks". . .

i know, i know. but if you insist on calling your admirable greek
fellows
the new roman empire, then there has to be a counteracting force :-).
anyway, what's so great about being roman when you could be greek? i see
vision of the Panhellenic Congress battlefleet swimming before my eyes

> > atrocity. no advanced industrial nation can survive a prolonged
trade
> > embargo ...
> South Africa.

right, because they still have apartheid there in spite of global
opinion,
i'd forgotten that. funny, the contrast controls on my tv must have
gone.
oh well. anyway, SA, like the USSR, isn't what i'd call advanced or even
all that industrialised. nice defence industry - but then they didn't
have
much choice there - lots of mining (more down to luck than anything) and
an economy once capable of supporting the white minority's westernised
way
of life. nothing like a real western nation such as the USA, the EU or
Japan (Nihon is western - even more western than the USA, in fact :-).

>  And remember, the NRE has resources of several planets to
> play with.  What would we miss out on?  The latest drek from the NAC
> movie industry?

well, NRE biomechanikoi (before you get excited, that's greek for
factory
- it had me worried the first time i saw that, driving through some
dusty
little nowhere town in the pelopponese ...) are capable of producing all
the wonders of modern life, i am sure, but exactly who do you intend to
sell them to? good, healthy, wealth-creating capitalism depends on
external trade.

anyway, i mean no insult to the Arch-Warlord Basil or whatever he is
called. please extend my respects to God's Vice-Regent amongst the
Greeks.

Tom

Prev: RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Railguns Number-Crunched Next: RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Summary So Far...