Prev: RE: [FT] K'V Hulls Next: Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)

RE: Proposed Kra'Vak Ship Design Charts - Take 4

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 10:07:23 -0000
Subject: RE: Proposed Kra'Vak Ship Design Charts - Take 4

Steven Arrowsmith wrote:

>Notes:
>*  Scatterpacks - Anti-fighter single-shot weapons, can not be used for
>Anti-ship combat. Range of 6", roll one die and the score is number of
>fighters killed.
>
>** Scatterguns - Anti-ship/anti-fighter single shot weapon - Anti-ship
>mode, range 12", roll 1 die = damage. See Scatterpacks for anti-fighter
>mode.

You need to add anti-missile capabilities to counter SLM's. Just
need to explicitly state that the Scatter* systems are
Anti-ship/fighter/missile.

Logically, filling space with high volume of projectiles would take
out missiles too.

Also drop the only fire at 'attacking' ship/fighter rule in MT. Fire at
'any target in range envelope'. Have the 12MU envelope
for big targets 6MU envelope for small targets,
this is like setting a choke on a shotgun to vary the shot pattern.

I agree that this could all be one Scattergun system.

tim jones
--------

Prev: RE: [FT] K'V Hulls Next: Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)