Prev: RE: [GZG][FH] Planet types Next: Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)

Re: FTFB Turn Arcs

From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 18:41:52 -0500
Subject: Re: FTFB Turn Arcs

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> Donald Hosford wrote:
>
> > Say fellows, I have the FB on order (through my local hobbystore)
> > and I had a question...
> >
> > Suppose you wanted to design a special class of capital ship with
> higher than
> > normal
> > turn points.  Can you buy extra turn points?
>
> The FB design system as written doesn' let you boy maneuver thrust
points
> separate from the main engines, no (you always get maneuver thrust =
0.5
> * main thrust, just as in FT2).
>
> There's nothing to stop you from using a house rule, of course! Just
make
> sure that you dn't give a ship using the vector movement system more
> maneuver thrust than it has main thrust, since this would indicate
that
> the ship has more powerful engines to its side and front than to its
rear
> <g>)
>
> Regards,
>
> Oerjan Ohlson
> oerjan.ohlson@telia.com
>
> "Life is like a sewer.
>   What you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
> - Hen3ry

 I see your point.  It would look strange for the maneuver engines to be
more
powerfull than the main thrusters...:)	 Unless...you were using plasma
drives, then when the enemy attacks you could just fire up the engines,
and
wipe out all incoming attacks. 8D

Donald Hosford

Prev: RE: [GZG][FH] Planet types Next: Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)