Prev: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals Next: Getting DU out of your Railgun (drifting OT was Re: [FT] Railgun Goals)

Re: [FT] Railgun Goals

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 11:59:48 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals

Sean spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> My personal preference is for a middle ground - a handfull of larger
> projectiles. Not one big one or millions of small ones.

How about multiple modes? A Raking/Volume mode which gives you good
hit/damage potential, but spreads the damage so armour acts more
effectively (more lower energy projectiles) and a Piercing/Impact
mode which gives you long range, good one-hit penetration vs armour,
but less aggregate damage?

Tom.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals Next: Getting DU out of your Railgun (drifting OT was Re: [FT] Railgun Goals)