Prev: DS/SG: Squad Weapons effect bridging StarGrunt to DirtSide Next: Re: [ADMIN] New List!!!

Re: GZG Future History

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 23:09:27 +0000
Subject: Re: GZG Future History

>     As several list members have pointed out, my  putting onto the net
>GZG's "history" as typed up from the FT2 & MT	books, is almost
certainly
>a contravention of copyright as it was done without  their permission.
>apologise to them for doing this & will withdraw the  offrending
document,
>pending receipt of their approval, if given.	Meanwhile, can somebody
>send me an email address for them? so	I can ask their permission (&
eat a
>large portion of humble  pie)	 Colin

I'm here on the list, Colin - or you can email me direct at:
jon@gzero.dungeon.com

I don't have an objection to you having the background text on the web
(this permission is "without predjudice", as the lawyers say, so applies
this case only) provided it is accompanied by suitable copyright
statements
and explanantion of where it comes from. As several people have
commented
already, permission should certainly have been asked first, but we won't
send round the boys with the baseball bats this time.... <grin>.
I should have responded to the earlier posts about this, but I've been
so
behind with reading all the email that I've only just caught up with the
thread.
As I've had to state several times before, we DO object to bits of the
actual RULES (of any of the games) being posted, for fairly obvious
commercial reasons. Aside from that, I try to be as reasonable as
possible
while still protecting the rights that allow us to stay in business!

Jon (GZG)

Prev: DS/SG: Squad Weapons effect bridging StarGrunt to DirtSide Next: Re: [ADMIN] New List!!!