Prev: Re: New Lists Next: Re: GZG Future History

DS/SG: Squad Weapons effect bridging StarGrunt to DirtSide

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 15:07:29 -0800
Subject: DS/SG: Squad Weapons effect bridging StarGrunt to DirtSide

Hello,
	Below is a repost of a message I sent a while ago that some
folks were
wondering about:
	A few months ago I posted a cost list to the group for
StarGrunt.  It was
designed to enable people to build squads for StarGrunt that matched
DirtSide.  It was further modified by issues such as the Medium Machine
Gun
and the Heavy MachineGun versus the RFAC.
	Using the system you can purchase your regular squad with their
weapons as
listed.  Normal rifles such as an ACR translates into standard rifles in
DS.
	A team carrying a Squad Assault Weapon can fire that weapon as
if they
were using heavy rifles, in a addition to their rifle fire.
	A team carrying a GMS/P can fire their weapons and the GMS/P in
a round.
It operates as a GMS drawing one chit for damage.
	A team carrying a personal Plasma Gun can fire it as if it were
a DFFG 1/2.
	I think you all get the picture...  But there is a catch.
	All size one weapons SAW, PPG, Grenade Launcher, etc require the
Squad/FireTeam be of size 5 unless the heavy weapon is being carried by
powered armour.  This is because either a dedicated loader must be
available or the reloads are scattered throughout the team.  Powered
Armour
systems enable the individual to be carrying a magazine for the heavy
weapon.
	Size 2 weapons (MMG, RFAC-1, DFFG-1, LAD, etc) must be crew
served.  The
team size must be of three or more and they cannot carry rifles, only
close
assault weapons (SMGs).  these weapons are considered fixed emplacement
weapons and a reorganization or movement action must be used to change
positions.
	The powered armour element in StarGrunt that is carrying a
RFAC-1 should
be changed to a RFAC-1/2.
	Size 3 or greater weapons (HMG or class 1 weapons in a turret)
must be
either fixed in place or on a vehicle.
	This should enable you to bridge up your units from Stargrunt to
Dirtside
and run them effectively with their heavy weapons.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!

Prev: Re: New Lists Next: Re: GZG Future History