Prev: Re: [SG] Ambushing was RE: [SG2] Need Help with Scenario OOB! Next: RE: [SG] Ambushing was RE: [SG2] Need Help with Scenario OOB!

Re: [SG] Ambushing was RE: [SG2] Need Help with Scenario OOB!

From: agoodall@i... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 08:44:43 GMT
Subject: Re: [SG] Ambushing was RE: [SG2] Need Help with Scenario OOB!

On Sat, 21 Nov 1998 19:34:47 -0500, Thomas Barclay
<Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca>
wrote:

>Maybe this is a hasty ambush so they only had the forces available
>and no time to mine? Maybe it is a blocking/screening force?

I was thinking that, to keep things a little bit cleaner.

>The worry was, I believe, the other way.... with 16 PGMPs firing on
>the APCs... there might not be any survivors to conduct a battle....

Yeah, that was the worry. I'm beginning to think that I'll have to go
with
lower tech weapons...

>Well, that assumes your spacing is 50m. That may be your standard,
>but I've seen a few convoys in hostile areas (or potentially so)
>closer than that - say 15 to 20m. Not a good plan.... but it has been
>done.

I was going to leave vehicle spacing up to the player...

Allan Goodall	      agoodall@interlog.com

"You have to keep your sense of humour... and your thumbs."
- James S. Goodall, 1937 - 1998