Prev: Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak Next: Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

Re: Infantry Walkers!

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin@e...>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 20:57:10 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: Infantry Walkers!

> Personally, I think they are a bit unlikely. It is hard to make a
> mech walk. It wastes previous space for servos and delicate gyros and
> control systems, so pound for pound they'd always be weaker than a
> vehicle without these glitzy componenets. They seem like a
> maintenance nightmare (imagine logistics if every squad had one).
> They seem like they'd have to be complex and expensive and prone to
> problems relative to simpler designs.

There was a very comprehensive discussion on this just a while back,
with
people debating the pros and cons of infantry walkers, and walkers in
general.  Are the old messages archived? And is there a way to see them?

If your parents didn't have any children, neither will you.

Prev: Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak Next: Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak