Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks.

Re: IFVs

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 19:54:35 +1300
Subject: Re: IFVs

Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> wrote:
>This works fine for lighter vehicles - the Swedish Stridsfordon 90
>("Combat Vehicle 90"; don't ask me what it is marketted as abroad
though)...
    CV90 in Military Technology magazine.

>...is an example of this, with IFV (40mm cannon + 6-8 grunts), AA,
command
>and recovery vehicles all based on the same chassis. You can't build an
>MBT on that chassis, though - it is far too small to carry heavy
armour, a
>huge gun etc.
    On the other hand you can build a cheap, light tank on a IFV
chassis.
Much like the TAM tank that was derived from the Marder IFV.
    Or, using a tank hull, you can build a really tough IFV. Much like
the
Israelis do with obsolete tank hulls.

Andrew Martin
-------------
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
 http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/
Usagi Yoyimbo Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/UY/

Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks.