Prev: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules Next: Re: GZGL FH - Terrorist Factories

Re: GZGL FH - Terrorist Factories

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 18:09:54 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: GZGL FH - Terrorist Factories

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Andrew & Alex wrote:

> >> ... witness the US attack on that aspirin factory in Khartoum. ...
> >Yeah.  Asprin factory with guard dogs, barbed wire, and a guard force
> >from Sudanese Army.	Real valuable asprin, that. I once asked someone
> >how they can tell a biowar site from a real pharmecutical plant.  His
> >answer was "Usually the SAM batteries are the first clue."
>     Also, when a picture of the damaged production facilities was
shown on
> TV, there was conveyor belt with several packets of pills on it giving
the
> impression the factory produced pills. But I know that at night in all
the
> factories I've seen, all the belts are cleared to avoid product
> contamination and to keep date stamps accurate. The pills were clearly
> planted!

To play Devil's Advocate, the factory might not have had the same
standards of quality control and production than the plants you've seen.
If the bulk of your customers can't read, who cares about accurate date
stamps? Same for avoiding contamination: if leaving the pills out gives
very small (but actual) chance of contamination, corners might be cut
for
various reasons.

The Army gaurds are a better arguement, I admit. Certainly the USgov
thought something more than asprin & anti-malarials were made there.

I guess in the GZG future, this strike would be carried out by orbiting
SuperDreadnought and unlimbering the Ortillery...(see, this is actually
on
topic!!)

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
-- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/ --DS2/SG2/games
webpage--

Prev: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules Next: Re: GZGL FH - Terrorist Factories