Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs [and battleships] was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: RE: [DS2] Vehicle Design Application

RE: [FT] Evasion

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 09:39:59 -0000
Subject: RE: [FT] Evasion

This is like SFB Erratic Maneuvering.

Three thrust seems OK as a number and makes it impossible for
lumbering hulks to EM. An E in the movement orders, simple good.

Exceptions for area effect weapons OK.

I'm not so comfortable with the +one -one bit on ioming and outgoing
fire.
Is the reduction on the to hit number or the damage? Give an example. It
will lead to too much exception accounting, even if it is simple maths.

I would say a ship doing EM gets an additional level of shields up to
a max of 3 but that it CANT fire/launch the turn it engages EM.

This is more in the spirit of FT simplicity IMO.

tim jones
--------

Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs [and battleships] was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: RE: [DS2] Vehicle Design Application