Prev: Leonids Meteor Shower update (OT for the GZG list) Next: IFVs, was Re: Supertank?

Leonids Meteor Shower update (OT for the GZG list)

From: "Meeting a steam-roller head-on isn't exactly my idea of an 'interesting experience' - YMMV, of course" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:50:14 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Leonids Meteor Shower update (OT for the GZG list)

Afternoon, gang,

Just finished talking with one of my co-workers who's been keeping up
with
the status of the Leonid display. It hasn't 'stormed' yet, but there are
counts upwards of ~200 or so per hour as of earlier this morning
(Eastern
Standard US time) Many bright ones, some bolides even (big-ass fireballs
that
you can sometimes even *hear*; one of my bosses saw one last night flash
over
his house, and heard it, too). And while the height of all this activity
should be occuring in another half hour to hour, there should still be a
real decent display for the rest of us in the world later tonite
(assuming
you aren't getting pounded on by the Weather God, that is!).

Anyway, just a quick update for you. You may now return to your
regularly
scheduled activity-of-the-moment.  :)

Mk
-
All that is gold does not glitter,
     all those who wander are not lost.

http://www.bcpl.net/~indy/index.html

Prev: Leonids Meteor Shower update (OT for the GZG list) Next: IFVs, was Re: Supertank?