Prev: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks. Next: Re: Heavy Beam Weapons

Re: [OT] Remembering the reason for the holiday

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin@e...>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 21:09:28 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Remembering the reason for the holiday

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, John M. Atkinson wrote:

> I got this on another mailing list I'm on.  Sorry to wander offtopic,
> but this is one of the holidays I indulge in sentimentalism on.

That's definitely fine by me. There's nothing wrong with simply showing
respect to the veterans, especially considering the subject of this
group.	We may need it more than others.
People who don't respect those who fought for them are fools or worse.

> "It is the soldier, not the reporter,
> Who has given us freedom of the press.
> It is the soldier, not the poet,
> Who has given us freedom of speech.
> It is the soldier, not the campus organizer,
> Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.
> It is the soldier,
> Who salutes the flag,
> Who serves beneath the flag,
> And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
> Who allows the protestor to burn the flag."
>
> Father Denis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Highly counterrevolutionary. <g>

-----
Abkai juse, fucihifusa, ejen sefu, coohai janggin, guwan i besise!
-----

Prev: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks. Next: Re: Heavy Beam Weapons