Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: [OT] Remembering the reason for the holiday

Re: [ds] Modern Tanks.

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin@e...>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 20:52:48 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks.

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Andrew & Alex wrote:

>     While that could be done, remember that human beings can't be
scaled
> down that much. Some of the vehicles involved carry infantry and so
can't be
> scaled like you suggest. For example, if you design a Challenger as
size 6,
> the Warrior IFV comes out as size 3, with your scaling the Challenger
is
> reduced to size 3, the Warrior IFV is size 1.5? with dwarvish
infantry?

That's a very good point.  But what I do in this case is to make the
warrior a size 2 or even 3.  When compared to a much larger vehicle, the
size differences between modern vehicles can appear to be a lot smaller.
After all, the size classes are relative, and the difference between
classes is simply increased in this case.

-----
Abkai juse, fucihifusa, ejen sefu, coohai janggin, guwan i besise!
-----

Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: [OT] Remembering the reason for the holiday