Prev: FT: LAFAYETTE Next: Re: SG2 vehicles (was Re: Full Thrust...)

Re: The Vector Dilemma

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 19:53:06 -0800
Subject: Re: The Vector Dilemma

Jeff Lyon <jefflyon@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:

[snippetty]

>It's a more elegant way of doing essentially what I've described above
and
>also takes the time factor into account as well.  If you spend 1/nth
(where
>n = thrust rating/2) of a turn rotating, then that's 1/nth of a turn
less
>for your main drive to be running.

In retrospect, I've become convinced that my "solution" has some rather
large holes, and I've come to like some of the other ideas better - this
one among them.

[I knew I shouldn't have put in the comment about physics - especially
since I KNEW it wasn't right.]

Schoon

Prev: FT: LAFAYETTE Next: Re: SG2 vehicles (was Re: Full Thrust...)