Prev: Re: The Vector Dilema Next: Re: The Vector Dilema

Re: A sad(?) announcement

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 11:11:43 -0700
Subject: Re: A sad(?) announcement

On Mon, 09 Nov 1998 11:42:24 +0000, Jonathan White writes:
>This morning I handed in my notice at BI. I'm off to a new job at the
>beginning of December.
>
>There's very little chance I will be able to administer the list from
my
>new work. So I'm asking for a volunteer to take over the
administration.
>Once you get organised - basically all you need to do is learn how to
>filter the mail effectively - it only takes 10-20 minutes per day to do
the
>job. *BUT* it does generate a certain amount of email per day, so if
you
>pay for your email in any way, it's not really for you. If anyone is
>willing to have a go at the job, can they get in touch with me
privately.

I'll throw my hat into the ring.  I maintain a number of other lists
in similiar topics (starfire, B5W), and would be willing to maintain
the list either at bolton with whatever remote admin commands there
are, or give the list a new home on a machine in the US.

>Note: For those that are on it it also means the 'other' list will
cease to
>exist. Can someone suggest an alternative arrangement?

???

No clue what this is (I guess I'm just not in the know), but I can
again offer to host mailing lists.  Small ones are even easier than
large ones.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: Re: The Vector Dilema Next: Re: The Vector Dilema