Prev: Re: GZGL DSII SGII OT - Saving Private Ryan. Next: [DS 2] [SG 2] Epic & GW

Re: New Interesting Tech [SG2] or [OT]

From: "Jared E Noble" <JNOBLE2@m...>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 13:40:54 -1000
Subject: Re: New Interesting Tech [SG2] or [OT]

DMSO is not toxic- at least not im moderate quantities.  It has reputed
qualities for soothing sore muscles (apparently it's solvent effect is
supposed to help the blood flow break down lactic acid build up in the
muscles or somthing - Or something like that. I don't remember my Dad's
description.)

Anyway - remember the old Taster/Non-Taster test in biology class.  DMSO
definately has an unpleasant taste and diffuses itself into the
bloodstream
almost instantly.  So it needs some real flavoring to cover it up (if
that's even possible).

I can merely walk into a room where my Dad used DMSO 2 hours earlier and
can taste it within 10 _seconds_...no joke, and not pleasant (very
acrid)
I have no doubts about its utility to aid in chemical absorbtion into
the
body.

Jared Noble

ScottSaylo@aol.com on 11/06/98 12:01:16 PM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

To:   FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
cc:    (bcc: Jared E Noble/AAI/ARCO)

Being tossed around today is using dimethyl sulfoxide (I think that's
the
spelling) or DMSO mixed into drugs to cause the drug to take effect
almost
instantaneously. mixed with DMSO a little artificial flavor dropped on
the
skin is immediately tasted and smelled by the subject. Drugs for pain
killing
and trauma application could be jetstreamed into the system. This is
still
highly experimental, and I don't know the drawbacks of it, for all I
know
it's
a deadly carcinogen, but . . . ?
Other applications mix it a fine aerosol to make contact with skin or
mucous
membrane with a noxious chemical like skunk scent or the liquid fire
extracted
from the hottest chilies. How's that for a non-lethal weapon (another
thread
going around).

Prev: Re: GZGL DSII SGII OT - Saving Private Ryan. Next: [DS 2] [SG 2] Epic & GW