Prev: Re: SG2 vehicles (was Re: Full Thrust...) Next: Re: [SG] Orbats (was Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare)

RE: [ds] Ogres(was Re: Full Thrust...)

From: Jeff Lyon <jefflyon@m...>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 18:23:23 -0600
Subject: RE: [ds] Ogres(was Re: Full Thrust...)

At 10:00 AM 11/5/98 -0800, you wrote:
>The way we have treated OGREs is that Boom chits only affect
>Targeted systems. Each individual weapon must be targeted
>individually and tread damage is scored by causing an amount of
>tread point damage equal to the grade of the weapon.

Now that makes a lot of sense.	And it's consistent with the way things
work in the original game.  It makes sense that each system would be
highly
compartmentalized to prevent catastrophic "Booms".

Of course, by design, an OGRE can do a lot of things that crewed
vehicles
cannot.  Like moving cross-country at speeds that would tend to be ...
unpleasant ... for a tank crew.  And shrugging off near misses that
would
leave a crew pretty rattled.

>OGREs can be Scary....

Damn right.

>Try convincing that militia squad to close assault a 30 meter
>fusion powered Biphase carbide armored AI juggernaut...

Using the close combat rules from GEV infantry are a killer in good
terrain.

Unfortunately, OGREs get most of the same advantages.  I remember that
being a good way to clear out a nest of full strength infantry squads.
The
OGRE might not be too pretty afterward; but then, that's what they're
made
for.

Jeff

Prev: Re: SG2 vehicles (was Re: Full Thrust...) Next: Re: [SG] Orbats (was Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare)