Prev: Re: [SG] Orbats (was Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare) Next: Re: SG2 vehicles (was Re: Full Thrust...)

Re: SG2 vehicles (was Re: Full Thrust...)

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 13:34:35 -0600
Subject: Re: SG2 vehicles (was Re: Full Thrust...)

Well, Tom, it just so happens I have in my basement a box or two of
Lindbergh's four tank kit sets. One each of US, Brit, German, and
Russian,
WWII, I think. I'm pretty certain they're out of production, and
Lindburgh's quality is pretty hit or miss, but you occasionally can find
'em in back rooms and cut out bins. BTW, one of the mis-spellings above
is
on purpose; I'm just not sure which.

Has the eclecticism of my basement started to scare you yet? I know it
does
my gf... ;->=

The_Beast

Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca> on 11/05/98 09:27:54 AM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

 To:	  FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

 cc:	  (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)

Samuel spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> If you're using true 25mm figures, 1/64 looks right.
> If you're using "GW scale", 1/48 looks better.
> For smaller (20mm) figures, Matchbox has some nice Humvees;
> the scale is pretty close to 1/72.

Which brings to mind the question: Anybody seen any good 1/64th scale
kits lately in styrene? Modern stuff or sci fi? 1/72 is not a hard
scale to find, and for certain things, it will work, but for many
others it is insufficient for true 25mm, just the same as 1/48th
looks a bit big. I'd be interested to know if any particular model
manufacturer puts out 1/64th kits....

Tom.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: [SG] Orbats (was Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare) Next: Re: SG2 vehicles (was Re: Full Thrust...)