Prev: (DS/SG] was: Tech diffusion Now: Infamous John A and Ogres/Mecha Next: Re: [SG] Orbats (was Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare)

[ds]GEV...Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare

From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 13:26:56 -0500
Subject: [ds]GEV...Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare

Jeff Lyon wrote:

> GEV was a great board game, but I'm not quite sure if the Ogre Minis
rules
> quite capture the "feel" of it, though.  It's also in need of a
vehicle
> design system.

There was a "vehical design system" published in "Spacegame number 69"
page
27.The artical is called: "A formula for deturmining unit costs in
ogre/gev".  It
is more of a formula than a system.  It only designs non-Ogre vehicals.
It would
need to be expanded  to handle flying vehicals, infantry, special
abilities,
ect...

To design Ogres see "SpaceGamer/FantasyGamer number 81" page 8.  The
name of the
artical is: "So you want to build an Ogre..."  This only designs Ogres.

> So what ever happened regarding that suggestion to make DS1 freely
available?

> Jeff

 DS1 free?  COOL! 8D

Donald Hosford