Prev: RE: [SG2] [DS2] Logistics Next: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

Re: [fh] nac vexilliology was Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

From: Randall Case <tgunner@e...>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 21:15:13 -0600
Subject: Re: [fh] nac vexilliology was Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

> > I think I like the figures.... and I think one of the english panes
> > should be something american.... like an eagle in silver on a red
and
> > white striped background....
>
> what if the former usa (minus cal-tex) has been broken up into more
> manageable chunks, like new england, the southeast, the midwest, etc.
do
> these areas, larger than a state, have their own symbols? do such
> divisions even exist in the american worldview?

Yeah, to some degree. Things arn't TOTALLY different between states, but
you DO
experience a bit of culture shock when you travel through the U.S. I
would figure
that the south-east would have a flag that would incorporate elements of
the old
Confederate flag (maybe the 'Stars and Bars' version).

In an early Dirtside campaign, my group played a Second Secession War
scenario set
that featured the "Southern Alliance" (an alliance of south-eastern
states which
opposed the central government). The Alliance used the old Confederate
flag (white
field with a red St. Andrew's Cross in the upper right hand corner)
during the
war. The campaign ended with the Alliance joining the Anglican
Confederation
fairly intact (with its own government). I played the Brits/Union force,
and was
fought to a draw during the Battle of Nashville (hey, those #$!#$ rebs
forced me
into a city fight! ; )

Prev: RE: [SG2] [DS2] Logistics Next: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII