Prev: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII Next: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 09:27:48 +0100
Subject: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

Jeff Lyon wrote:

> >> didn't always win. instinct tells me that arrows are just going to
bounce
> >> off a kevlar vest, but i could well be wrong - they go through
knight's
> >> plate well enough at close range.
>
> I could be wrong, but I think that's the _joints_ in the armor.

You are wrong. A 80 lb longbow (and even more so a crossbow) shooting an
armour-piercing arrow is capable of penetrating a 2 mm steel plate if it
hits at right angles, at least at closer ranges (the test I saw shot at
range of 50 meters). The big problem is, of course, to hit at right
angles :-/

> Seems like a certain tribe of furry aborigines did the same thing to a
> legion of a certain empire's finest.

<chuckle> And that was in very close terrain, from ambush, and with said
legion initially occupied with chasing the Rebels... *and* with the
script-writers fully on the side of the furries <g>

> A flint-tipped spear in the armpit will ruin your whole day...

And just how, when you have IR goggles or similar, did you manage to let
the abo get that close to you? Hm? :-)

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII Next: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII