Prev: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII Next: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 00:25:34 -0800
Subject: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

Tony Christney wrote:

> I don't think that a kevlar vest is much protection against arrows,
> knives or armour piercing ammo. This year an ROTC cadet was killed
> by his friend when he bet him that his kevlar vest would easily
> stop a knife thrust. Pretty stupid to not take it off for the
> purposes of the experiment...

This apparently happens once a year.  I heard about it three years ago.
Chalk it up to Darwin making an appearance in the officer selection
process.  Something I'm all in favor of and should happen more often.
The more stupid future officers killed in training, the less chance
there is to get killed under circumstances where they take real troops
with them.

But at any rate, my understanding of most of the DSII/SGII body armor is
light polymer plates to cover most of the body, with flexible fabric
covering the joint.  And the whole ensemble is much lighter than kevler.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII Next: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII