Prev: Re: Medics in SG2 Next: Re: Fleet Control System

Re: Fleet Control System Revised

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 10:55:19 -0600
Subject: Re: Fleet Control System Revised

***
"Peeking"
Fleet Cons can also be used to predict the movements of enemy vessels,
allowing for a tactical edge for the friendly fleet.  For every 3
ratings
expended, a player with Fleet Cons may force their opponent to reveal
the
movement orders for ONE for their vessels (Fleet Con player's choice)
AFTER
all orders have been written but BEFORE Salvo Missiles and Fighter
groups
are moved.

(This final rule is currently VERY optional as it can provide players
with
a huge tactical advantage at times.  This is why it takes 3 ratings to
perform.)
***

I realize this works for SM and fighter fleets in balance to the
combined
activation that the previous rule that is mostly for beam warriors.
However, while my Gorshkov captains are purely salivating with only
SMR's,
I can imagine how my FSE chum will react. Will those trying out the rule
give thought to how it might work with limited intellegence, say, aka
Blue
Max trailing rules, knowing the direction of a turn, maybe whether
accelleration is pos, neg, or 0, instead of full knowledge. Ok, dirties
up
the rule a bit, but it tones it down a bit. If you constrain it further,
say 0 turn or accel might read as either direction, 4 chits (port/+,
port/-, starboard/+, starboard/-) would all you have to hold to select
the
info to pass to your opponent's flag.

***
?? Only if you use a modified re-roll rule, no? If you don't have any
re-roll at all, the range is 0 to 2; if you use the FB re-roll, the
range
is unlimited (but the probability of rolling very high is rather
minimal).
***

I am also still confused. Beam roll to hit of 1-3=0. 4,5=1, 6=2, right?
If
you only meant partial amount per die roll, are you suggesting 4=1, 5=2,
6=3?

As always, apologies if I missed any of the above being covered in
previous
posts. I seem to be having 'holes' in some of the discussions, along
with
the curiously feeling occurance of the response preceding the original
post.

Otherwise, I am excited about sharing this with the folks at the shop.
Last
two Wed evenings, the FT game never came off. Folks showed up, just not
at
the same time. I'll write this up as a scenario, probably a FCS ship
being
escorted by smaller ships enroute to a fleet gathering, caught by a
larger
opponent. Should open some eyes, no? ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Medics in SG2 Next: Re: Fleet Control System