Prev: RE: [SG and DSII] Question about Infantry Walkers Next: RE: [SG and DSII] Question about Infantry Walkers

Re: (DSII) Question about Infantry Walkers

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 14:32:20 +1300
Subject: Re: (DSII) Question about Infantry Walkers

Rick Norman <thurvin@yahoo.com> wrote:
>It has been my observation of a vehicle with AC:1 starts taking fire
>from anything larger than HEL/1, it has other problems then
>manouevering. I use this rule to armour my aero-dropped assault walkers
><Epic40K dreadnoughts, actually>, they performed well until good
>quality anti-armour weapons were fired at them. Then they died well.
>Do as you wish. Remember... play the game, not the rules.|:>
    Yes, but don't modify the rules so that manoeuvre is ineffective.
That's
like modifying the rules to suit the way that you use your walkers! It's
also like turning vehicles into bunkers!
    By having AC:1 on sides, your opponent is almost forced to use GMS/L
have a realistic chance to oppose your walkers.
    With AC:0 on the sides, your opponent can then have a chance to use
infantry weapons against the walkers. Or your opponent could use size
class
1 or 2 direct fire weapons against them.
    If you're using a gothic SF setting, like Epic40K, GMS aren't
available,
so your opponent needs manoeuvre opportunities to be able to use
infantry
weapons against the side and rear of your vehicles.

Andrew Martin
-------------
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
 http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/
Usagi Yoyimbo Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/UY/

Prev: RE: [SG and DSII] Question about Infantry Walkers Next: RE: [SG and DSII] Question about Infantry Walkers