Prev: Re: [SG2] [DS2] Sniper factoids (OT?) Next: Re: [DS and SG] Tech dispersal to the frontier

Re: [DS and SG] Tech dispersal to the frontier

From: "Jim 'Jiji' Foster" <jiji@m...>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 10:10:36 -0700
Subject: Re: [DS and SG] Tech dispersal to the frontier

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998 11:09:06   John M. Atkinson wrote:

>OK, I'm starting a campaign wherein the players will be playing
factions
>on a balkanized colony world.	They have 100K to build their ground

Oooh... nifty idea!

>The players seem to be, as a result, designing their initial forces
with
>those limitations in mind, on the grounds that they don't want to have
>to switch designs in the middle of the conflict because no more heavy
>grav tanks are available.

Will you allow arms dealers to continue selling hi-tech even after the
start of hostilities? Cost will go up, but it opens the strategic gamble
of spending more up front to hopefully overwhelm your opponents quickly
with superior technology. If the strategy works out, expensive, limited
resupply from off-world would be acceptable limitations. This would also
make space superiority and control of starports important tactical and
strategic goals for the players.

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/  Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums

Prev: Re: [SG2] [DS2] Sniper factoids (OT?) Next: Re: [DS and SG] Tech dispersal to the frontier