Prev: GZG Player Location Pages (was: Looking for players) Next: [GZG FT/DS/SG] Four months to go til GZG-ECC II

Re: [FT] Point value for the NAC Valley Forge SDN

From: "Jared E Noble" <JNOBLE2@m...>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 15:18:49 -1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Point value for the NAC Valley Forge SDN

There are a couple of gotcha's with my spreadsheet- Especially on the
'Solve for Mass' page - such as armor not being handled correctly and
some
screwy costing on the fighters (such as not paying for the bays.)  There
are also some rounding issues that become significant when designing
small
ships.	I have gotten productive input from several people, as well as
fixed a couple of things on my own - I plan to gather all these updates
together an re-release the spreadsheet.  Actually I planned to do that 2
weeks ago but things got hectic here.  I'll see if I can't get a fixed
version out in the next couple of days.  I will post an announcement to
have those interested contact me, as well as sending an updated version
the FT Computer Core.

Sorry for the errors and confusion they cause.	I notice a difference of
18
pts between what you say it should be and what the spreadsheet says  -
Your
2 fighter bays are not being paid for, I believe.

Nathan Pettigrew <nathanp@MICROSOFT.com> on 10/26/98 12:54:50 PM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

To:   "FTGZG-L (E-mail)" <FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk>
cc:    (bcc: Jared E Noble/AAI/ARCO)
Subject:  [FT] Point value for the NAC Valley Forge SDN

Working on a little project (to be posted to the web soon) and noticed
that
I was getting different point values from the FTFB when I put the Valley
Forge SDN into Jared Noble's v0.3 construction spreadsheet.

I'm getting 624 points versus the book's 642.  Sounds like a simple
transposed number, but I wanted to have others double-check the math.

Added it up outside the spreadsheet and get the same.  Am I missing
something or is it really a typo.  Didn't see anything in the FTFB
Errata
about it.

Thank you kindly,
Nathan

     mass points
hull 190  190
hull integ     57   114
ftl  19   38
thrust 4  38   76
2 class 1 2    6
2 class 2 6    18
3 class 3 18   54
2 pt 8	  24
4 pds	  4    12
3 fcs	  3    12
2 fighter g    18   36
1 screen  10   30
armor	  7    14

	  624

Prev: GZG Player Location Pages (was: Looking for players) Next: [GZG FT/DS/SG] Four months to go til GZG-ECC II