Prev: Re: [GZG] [HIST] Military Hackers Next: Re: [DS and SG] Regiments of the Crown

Re: [FT] UN ship design

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 19:59:51 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] UN ship design

Los spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> Does anyone have a UN fleet? I'm curious as to how they put their
ships
> together? Are they designed for independent patrol operation?

Yes, but then if we told you..... (pthppt. Thud of body hitting
ground.).

I suspect they'd
1) Have some tech no one else has
2) Have to design with ideas of smaller formations, therefore
multi-role capability a must
3) Have top of the line on all systems (if you can't have many ships,
by all means, have the best).
4) be backed up by an awesome intel organization so they'd get good
strat and tactical data on enemy movements and caps

Of course, if you think the UN is toothless and useless, you might
say they are:
1) small in number, not large in size
2) designed for economy, not tech
3) subject to some really variable crew quality
4) captained by men afraid to damage their ships due to the
difficulty of the UN affording repair - timid captains.

Depends on your view of the UN.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: [GZG] [HIST] Military Hackers Next: Re: [DS and SG] Regiments of the Crown