Prev: Optional fighter bay rule Next: Re: [FT][DS][SG][HIST] Just wondering...

Re: Suicide Fighters

From: "John Bennett" <johnbenn@g...>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 00:37:01 +0100
Subject: Re: Suicide Fighters

I like this idea (a lot) and will impose it on the player when he
finally
gets around to fightng someone!

If struck while still onboard their carrying vessel (assuming they
are being readied), the explosives detonate causing equivalent damage
to the carrying vessel without the benefit of defenses AND this is
applied after the bay they are in is destroyed. If a series of linked
fighter bays are full, then one should roll d6 for the next fighter
bay in line - on a 6, it cooks off with the same result. Can you say
cascade? :)

Just an idea.

> In our latest campaign one of the players plays a race which has
fanatical
loyalty to the Emperor and he asked me (the umpire) if he could develop
suicide fighters.

> I have allowed this as follows
>
> A Lance Group (suicide fighters or perhaps unmanned drones) moves as
normal fighters with a speed of 18cm. They cost 38 points per group and
each
group has only 3 ships. On the CV they take up a whol>
> On the go they attack, if they survive all the defensive fire they
impact
causing 2d6 of damage as with a nuke missile with a bonus of a needle
throw
on the target vessel.

> If attacked by enemy fighter groups they are defenceless! They have no
weaponry or combat ability apart from ramming their intended target
which
they must reach to cause detonation. (hence the faster>
> If shot down within 6" of their actual target they explode causing 1
d4+1
damage	to that ship only.

> Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated
>
> John Bennett

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

-Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Optional fighter bay rule Next: Re: [FT][DS][SG][HIST] Just wondering...