Prev: Re: Cross Over from FT3 (Fleet Book) to DirtSide and StarGrunt Next: Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

Re: Cross Over from FT3 (Fleet Book) to DirtSide and StarGrunt

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 13:25:54 -0700
Subject: Re: Cross Over from FT3 (Fleet Book) to DirtSide and StarGrunt

At 03:23 PM 10/22/1998 -0500, Thomas Barclay wrote:
>Phillip spake thusly upon matters weighty:
>What you've proposed isn't quite sensible... I think. The assumption
>would be that if it takes 4 CC to accomodate a marine in an awake
>state in transit, it probably only should take 1 or 2 in a lander (he
>won't need a bunk, or so much LS). If he rides in SG2/DS2 vehicles,
>he would only take 1. I would assume an SG2 vehicle (and probably a
>lander) has enough LS to get him to the surface (or back) for that 1
>CP. For long term stays, 4 CPs gives you the full deal.
>
>This may have been what you were saying, but I think not.

	He won't live in his vehicle during the transit but he can ride
down in
his APC.  Therefore, if you want him to transit in a ready state, then
he
needs 4 CCs for his bunk, food, latrine, etc.  To ride down in the APC
he
takes up 1 CC in the APC or in a lander.  However, the room in the APC
or
the lander does not count towards his living quarters on the ship.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!